Saturday, November 1, 2008

Cycling Club












In a desperate bid to get out of town I discovered the cycling club. After a couple of jaunts on different routes out from Amman down to the Dead Sea valley I am a very happy biker again. After missing my early morning daily rides with Julie C, I have found some adventure at last.
A few hours in the saddle over real mountain bike trails has me wowing all the way, especially on the steep bits as I gingerly head on my way.

Now this is the way to catch up on some history away from the tour buses - we popped into a rich persons pad constructed around about 2 BC. Any greenery amongst the desert is olive tree nurseries. Apparently it hasn't been a very good year for olives, an over hot and dry summer.

I miss my pink flowered helmet from home, among other things; my Jo (though thanks to Skype we chat daily) and fresh veges from the garden.

No comments: